SCHOOL ACADEMIC REPORT - 2014
The school academic report is a continuous process that involves every member of our school community.
Be they parents, teachers, pupils, administration staff and all other support staff. Whatever they do in their day to day activities influences a lot in our school academic programme.
Education forms our core business here in school. In the past one year we have seen a lot of ventures undertaken to raise the school academic standards. In second term we did Loreto Common exams with all Loreto school in Kenya. This year the exams ran from class one to class eight. Am happy to report that Loreto Mombasa's performance was exemplary. All classes emerged tops with an exception of classes four and eight who came a close second.
Great academic improvement has been noticed from last year to the final quarter of this year.
The overall school means currently stands at 410/500, having improved from 401 at the start of the year. This is highly commendable and I take this opportunity to congratulate all of you for the hard work you have been doing to place our school on higher notch academically .
In last year's KCPE, our candidates did us proud. Our school was ranked 18th in Mombasa county and listed among the top 1000 schools nationally. Two of our top candidates (Eilen Okodo and Mumbi Kandi ) received trophies from the area MPC Abdulswamad for emerging top in our District.
- I would like to pay special attributes to the P.T.A committee for the awards to the candidates every year. These awards have gone a long way in motivating them.
- The P.T.A. chairman (Mr. Arika) for honouring his pledge and rewarding the top boy and girl with tablets each during this year's prize giving day.The school taskforces who by working with parents and teachers meet and reward pupils at every class level.
- The examinations council and the panels who have worked with the school Head to motivate the pupils in every major exam.
- The recently formed Mothers Club by featuring strongly during our prize giving day by awarding the most improved pupils in lower and upper primary. What a surprise it was!
- The entire school community for the active note they play everyday on their duties.
- Success is achieved by the little things we do every day.
- KCPE comes early this year, in the first week of November. We are optimistic that we will achieve greater success. I take this opportunity to wish the candidates success in their exams.
- For the rest of us let us go down on our knees to pray for them. God bends his ear to listen.
By Gabriel Lule